Neodymium magnets: the super-strong ones
Neodymium magnets are also known as super magnets. A well-deserved name indeed, as they have extraordinary strength even at their smallest size and are among the strongest permanent magnets in the world. The magnetic material of our super-strength magnets is an alloy consisting of neodymium, iron and boron (NdFeB). Neodymium magnets are used for a wide range of applications, from cabinetry, lighting systems, plastics technology and packaging materials to the construction of models. We keep an inventory of over 35 million magnets and can fulfil even large orders directly from our warehouse at any time. With our 16 years of experience, we are your specialist for neodymium magnets. The advantages of neodymium magnets at a glance:
- Super-strong adhesive force
- Suitable for small spaces (miniaturisation)
- Even the smallest neodymium magnets are just as strong as larger common magnets
Neodymium super magnets: The strongest in the worldMany of you might ask yourself: What makes a neodymium magnet a super magnet? And: Wouldn’t a cheaper ferrite magnet be sufficient for my project? The special NdFeB combination (neodymium-iron-bor) results in a high adhesive force even in small magnets. Hence, ferrite magnets of the same dimensions are much weaker. We recommend super magnets if you need a small and light product that is also aesthetically pleasing with its even silver surface. Neodymium magnets are slightly more expensive than ordinary magnets because neodymium is a rare earth metal. That is why super magnets are also known as rare earth magnets.
We recommend ferrite magnets when:
- used outdoors
- exposed to temperatures over 80 °C
A few "strong" facts about our super magnets:
- The strongest ring magnet: Ideal for "fishing" ferromagnetic objects. It will easily pull your bike out of the lake, for instance.
- Our so-called "death magnet": A compact block magnet with an adhesive force of 100 kg.
- The "strongest" in our web shop: The block magnet MONOLITH with a strength of approx. 200 kg.
Before using any of our super magnets, please read the safety tips to avoid hazards and injuries.