FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
How can I write on magnetic labels?
You bought our magnetic labels and now you are wondering how to neatly write on them? Here are some helpful tips.
Table of Contents
There are various ways to write on these labels:
- Use a laser or inkjet printer to print on our perforated blank inserts in A4 format. See our helpful tips below.
- Write by hand on the blank insert.
- Use a label printer to print small labels and stick them on the blank insert.
- Use a laser or inkjet printer to print on regular paper and cut it to size with scissors or a paper cutter. You can find our Word-template below. Display the gridlines and use them as a cutting guide.
Printing on blank insertsIf you decided on the professional labelling option and want to print on blank inserts using a laser or inkjet printer, you may find the following tips helpful:
- You can download a word template for any C-profile (see below).
- If you want to print data from an Excel spreadsheet, you need to make sure that the Excel table has the same dimensions as the table in the Word document. Copy the cells and before inserting them in Word, select the same cells in the Word document. This way, the Excel cells are individually shown in Word table cells and not all squished into one cell. For example, if you want to fill a 2 x 7 Word table, you also need to select 2 x 7 Excel cells.
- Immediately after inserting the data all cells remain selected. This is a good time to right-click with the mouse, select format cells/alignment and centre all the texts.
- If you don't print a whole sheet, you can fill in the data starting at the bottom of the sheet and tear off the used rows. This allows you to feed the sheet through the printer multiple times until there is about a third of it left. If you were to tear it off starting at the top, the upper page margin would be missing, and the sheet would not feed correctly the second time around.
- With the very small labels, do not print too close to the upper and lower edges of the label, because part of the label is covered by the C-profile.
- Because the feeder of a printer is often not exact to a tenth of a millimetre, print a sample page on a regular sheet of paper and hold it behind the blank insert to see if everything is centred correctly. If not, change the upper page margin in the document.
MeasurementsBelow the exact measurements of the perforated blank inserts in A4 format.
Please note: Should you only see a completely blank (white) document in front of you after opening the print template, you can use a setting to change it. In the ‘home’ tab, click on the paragraph symbol. Now all formatting symbols are shown in the document, and you can see exactly how much space you have for writing your labels.