Repair shoes yourself with Sugru
Turn old shoes into an eye-catcher
Online since: 03/06/2022, Number of visits: 19254
Have your beloved trekking shoes, trainers or casual shoes a hole in the sole or the upper material? No worries, you don’t have to wave goodbye to your favourite shoes anytime soon. With the clever Sugru adhesive putty, you can repair the shoes yourself. Whether you want to repair the sole of the shoe or patch a hole, with Sugru in different colours, your shoes will look really nice even when patched.
Repairing the sole of a shoe with SugruWet feet will be a thing of the past. Sugru is self-curing, durable, waterproof and cold-resistant up to - 50 °C. It makes the adhesive putty very suitable for repairing shoe soles. Simply seal the hole with Sugru. Sugru in natural colours is the best choice for repairing shoe soles. Proceed as follows:
- Your shoes should be clean and dry.
- Knead the Sugru until it becomes malleable.
- Press the adhesive putty on and into the hole and match it to the pattern of the sole.
- Smooth out the adhesive putty.
- Allow your handiwork to dry for 24 hours.
Our tip: If the sole is damaged on the side of the shoe, you can use colourful Sugru to accentuate and give your shoes that certain something. If you also add a little Sugru in a different colour, your shoe will certainly turn heads.
Repairing the upper material of shoes with SugruIf your casual shoe has a hole in the upper material or a seam is coming loose, you can use Sugru to seal the hole and prevent your shoes from falling apart any further:
- Remove a sufficiently large portion of adhesive putty in the matching colour and shape it into a ball or sausage.
- Press the putty flat, making sure that the shape is slightly larger than the hole itself.
- Drape the Sugru over the hole and press it on firmly. The adhesive putty has to bond with the fabric of the shoe.
- Smooth the adhesive putty and give it the right shape so it doesn’t get in the way later.
- Leave the repaired shoes to dry for at least 24 hours.
Note from the supermagnete team: Sugru is a valuable problem solver. And the best thing about this clever adhesive putty: The individual portions can be taken anywhere! Now you can even repair your shoes while you are on the go or camping.
Make sure you also take a look at these applications using Sugru, the mouldable glue: