Remove iron filings from magnets
How do I remove iron filings from my magnets?
Online since: 11/05/2010, Number of visits: 519844
1. Let candle wax drip onto a piece of paper.
2. Knead the wax while still warm.
3. When you press the wax onto the magnet, the filings stick to the wax.
4. Repeat step 1 to 3 until all filings have been removed.
5. As a final step, you could use a tissue/rag to clean the wax off the magnet.
Caution: Never drip the hot wax directly onto the magnet as the heat would result in a loss of magnetic force!
Addition from the supermagnete team: You can also use adhesive tape to remove iron filings from a magnet.