I built my own DIY spice rack that you can attach under the spices. I modified a small rack from HEMA and embedded magnets into the rack board. Besides the spice containers you can also hang up other metal objects. You can even hang up non-magnetic objects if you glue a magnet directly under the lid.
For the rack you need:
- Shelf (here: HEMA, 8 euros)
- Hole cutter 21-22 mm
- Disc magnets 20 x 5 mm
- Modelling clay, e.g. Sugru
- Metal containers
- Two screws
And that's how you do it:
- Think about how many magnets you want to embed in the rack and mark the locations for the holes.
- Carefully drill the holes with the hole cutter and make sure you don't drill through the rack.
- Place the magnets (right orientation) in the holes and fill them with modeling clay.
- Hang up the rack and attach the metal containers. You can glue magnets into non-ferromagnetic containers.
My arts and crafts blogYou can find these and many other ideas on my arts and crafts blog!
Note from the supermagnete team: Instead of modelling clay, Sugru putty works great too.